Thursday, November 09, 2006

Going home...

It looks like I am coming home this week. Thankfully.

I don't know where to begin explaining why I am not completing the program. Part of the problem was that I was truly dissatisfied with the program here. Academically, it had little to offer, and they didn't balance that out with a cultural education. In fact, a month ago I had decided that a whole academic year would not be beneficial to me, and thus I decided to make this a one semester experience. I could go into greater depth about [the company’s] shortcomings, but it's not appropriate to post here… ask me if you want to know.

The other reason why I am coming home is a little more personal. Basically, the expectations I had for my personal growth weren’t met, and that was a serious let-down. If just one of the two aspects of this experience wasn’t such a disappointment, I might have been able to cope by relying on the other aspect to provide fulfillment.

In the end, what it comes down to is that I came here, and I tried to make it work. I want to do what is going to make me happiest, and that is returning to Cincinnati. This is my decision. It might not be the one you would have made, but it's the one I made.

No comments: