Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Accident :-(

Well, as it turns out, the last day I posted (Sunday) was pretty much the worst day of me life. Not only because France lost to Italy in the World Cup, but because I wrecked my car. I slammed into a concrete barrier at 40+ mph. It was pretty scary, and it all happened so fast. But I wasn't hurt at all, aside from some airbag abrasions on my wrist. Just VERY, VERY shocked. My car is totaled, of course. I went to the ER later that evening to get my stomach checked out, and I left with five disgusting bruises on my arms. Luckily, I am fine, but very very sore and depressed.

On the study abroad side, because I couldn't work on Monday, I got almost all my business done. Since I complained about the Financial Aid Office last time, this time I have some good stuff to say. First of all, my academic advisor, Dr. Tolley, rocks. He won an advising award a year ago, and I can understand why. I e-mailed him about the form I needed signed, and he told me that although he was not on campus for the summer, I could call him at his home and he'd let me drop on by. That is above and beyond the call of duty. Also, he seems very interested in what I am doing and always asks questions. And then, the whole study abroad office at UC (UC International Programs) is also incredibly helpful. I should have known this since my friend Lauren is a Peer Advisor up there. But yesterday I went up to drop off some forms, and the student at the desk was ridiculously nice and made me an ISIC card in a few minutes. They always are when I visit. And, my Study Abroad Advisor, Jill, is always just the most helpful person. She responds to my e-mails within hours. Once I had a question about some forms and decided to call her, and she answered my questions and then explained the rationale behind the forms. So, Dr. Tolley and Jill are two really great advisors, and they make going to UC worth the not-so-good parts.

So, much of the paperwork is taken care of- for the time being, until I get more paperwork- and I get to deal with my car insurance claims now. Yipee!

No comments: