Monday, September 04, 2006

One day more!

Wow, so tomorrow is my last day in the states for a looong time. I am feeling pretty stressed out because so much needs to be done. On the bright side, I have actually started packing. Unfortunately, I haven't even thought about packing today. I probably won't be able to avoid an all-nighter on Tuesday to get it all done.

Today was a bit of an unproductive day, as far as getting actual errands done. Instead, my brother and I took my grandpa's car out to be washed and vacuumed. Then I lunched with my mom and we went to Kohls, where she bought me a carry-on duffel. After that I raced over to Bridgetown so my sister-in-law could cut my hair. I ended up playing with my nephew for a little bit and got my last kissy from him. And I raced once again to my grandma's house so we could go out to dinner. We ate at Buca di Beppo, and it was a blast. Finally, Logan and I hung out for a few hours.

Oh yeah, Saturday was my last day at Kroger. Everybody was so nice and supportive, and curious too, so I really appreciated that. My department gave me a card and money, which was really sweet. The department head made me some yummy birds' nests candy too, just like Christmas. I've got everyone's e-mail addresses, so I'll be able to keep in touch, and some have the URL for this blog. However, I spilled a gallon of pool chlorine, so that kinda sucked.

I'll try to find some time to post tomorrow, or early Wednesday morning... if not, you'll hear from me when I am in Moscow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was able to catch up on reading your blogs yesterday after we lunched and shopped. Time is of the essence now for you....so much to do in too little time. Anyone who reads your blog can sense your excitement, enthusiasm and anticipation.

This time tomorrow you will be close to boarding the plane at JFK to fly to Moscow. I will miss you. I know what this adventure means to you. I will read your blogs often so I can be part of your journey as a student in Russia.

Although you are a bright, independent, confident and capable young women, I still have to say "stay safe, study hard and have fun". That's what moms do.

I love you. Godspeed.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm sending one big hug and wishing you much luck, much cleverness (although you won't need that, but I'll say it anyway), and a wonderful experience.

...and don't forget the photos. :D

ciao, chica.
Lauren