I've arrived safely back in Moscow. I am very glad to be back. I just returned from a trip to the rinok with Alissa, and I realized how much I actually missed Moscow. We got some yummy blini from a stand by the bus stop. I didn't see a single blini stand in Saint Petersburg. And for some reason the huge traffic jams on Prospekt Vernadskovo were comforting in their familiarity. Cars running red lights, honking at pedestrians who actually have the right-of-way... yup, that's Moscow. I was really happy to see my favorite guard Georgie on the way into my building and climb into my bed.
St. Petersburg was a beautiful, gorgeous city and I feel like we didn't have enough time to properly explore everything. But I also felt downright miserable because I was so sick. The weather was so cold and rainy that it probably added a few days to my cold. I saw a lot of interesting places and things, but now I am going upstairs to eat the raspberries I paid $3 for. I'll post stories and pictures later.
Monday, October 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment